ORIJEN FIT & TRIM DOG
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ | FOR OVERWEIGHT DOGS
FRESH FREE-RUN CHICKEN AND TURKEY, NEST-LAID EGGS AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH
ORIJEN FIT & TRIM DOG FOR OVERWEIGHT DOGS BENEFIT FROM A DIET RICH IN PROTEIN TO SUPPORT LEAN MUSCLE MASS, WITH CARBOHYDRATES AND CALORIES LIMITED FOR PEAK CONDITIONING.
- 42% richly nourishing protein, 17% carbohydrates and a unique blend of soluble fibres nourish overweight dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other dry dog food, 2/3 of ORIJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of poultry and fish are gently dried at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish, creating a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy dogs.
ORIJEN FIT & TRIM DOG
IS YOUR DOG’S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How Much?
- 85% meat inclusions.
- ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
- All from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How Fresh?
- 2/3 Fresh or Raw, 1/3 Dehydrated or Dried.
- 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
- 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How Many?
- 7 different animals in WholePrey™ ratios.
- A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
ONLY 1 SUPPLEMENTS — ZINC
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh chicken meat (14%), fresh whole eggs (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh turkey meat (6%), fresh chicken liver (6%), fresh whole flounder (4%), fresh whole mackerel (4%), fresh whole pacific hake (4%), fresh turkey liver (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), alaskan pollock (dehydrated, 4%), lentil fiber, whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), fresh turkey heart (1%), apple fiber, dried algae (source of DHA and EPA), pumpkin (dehydrated), butternut squash (dehydrated), carrots (dehydrated), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
Your dog is unique and his feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
ORIJEN Fit & Trim provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors the natural diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 3530 kcal/kg (425 kcal per 250ml/120g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 48% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits, and 33% from fat.